At Love Vintage Books, we often get approached by people who are looking to reduce their collection of books but don't know where to start. In July we're holding a set of workshops that will help participants develop the steps of a book colllection downsizing plan.
These workshops are designed for those who are feeling overwhelmed by a collection of books they don’t know what to do with, belonging to themselves or someone else. It is common, that procrastination sets in together with doubts about value and concerns about adding “good books” to recycling or landfill.
By attending a workshop in “book collection downsizing” at Love Vintage Books participants will be able to confidently and systematically go through a collection and feel satisfied they have given the collection the recognition and consideration it deserves.
In addition participants will:
- Learn some secrets of the old book trade
- Be able to identify books of potential value
- Appreciate the current climate of old bookselling in Australia
- Be guided in how to offer their unwanted books for sale
- Receive suggestions for welcome homes for their unwanted books
Workshops are taking place at Love Vintage Books 563 Willoughby Road, Willoughby in the last week of July at these times:
- Tuesday morning 25th July ( 10.30am - 12.00pm )
- Thursday morning 27th July ( 10.30am - 12.00pm )
- Saturday Afternoon 29th July ( 3.00pm - 4.30pm)
The fee is $27.50 inc gst (per head) and includes light refreshments and Love Vintage Book’s opinion on two books that participants have brought with them.
Reserve your place by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org today.
Looking forward to seeing you there.